The Business and Corporate Development team works closely with senior leaders across Plaid to help accelerate the company’s mission through M&A and investments, product partnerships and strategic initiatives. This small and mighty team is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing impactful acquisitions, as well as shaping the company’s strategy by identifying industry trends, overseeing product partnerships, and maintaining relationships with startups, VCs and bankers throughout the fintech community.
This is a unique opportunity to be a core member of a high-impact team situated at the nexus of product, engineering, and the broader strategic efforts at Plaid. If you’re passionate about creating financial access and enthusiastic about leading M&A deals and other projects end-to-end, we’d love to talk to you!
What Excites Us
- Prior experience in M&A/corporate development
- Prior experience as a product leader and/or startup founder
- Relevant experience leading M&A deals from end-to-end
- Prior experience working closely with product and engineering functions
- Experience at a leading technology company or fintech startup
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to drive projects cross-functionally
- Background in CS or other technical degree
What Excites You
- Working closely with Plaid’s executive team and EPDS (Engineering, Product, Design, Support) leadership to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate Plaid’s mission.
- Serving as a core member of one or more EPDS (Engineering, Product, Design, Support) teams (or “pods”) and partnering closely with leads to identify ways to accelerate Plaid’s product portfolio through strategy development, market discovery, competitive intelligence, target sourcing/development, and M&A.
- Playing a key role in building and maintaining the overall deal pipeline, including outreach to founders and sourcing of new opportunities.
- Leading the end-to-end deal M&A process from product strategy development and business case modeling to deal negotiation and due diligence to cross-functional integration.
- Building and refining scalable processes and best practices for Plaid’s Business and Corporate Development (BCD) function.
- Developing strong relationships with Plaid executives, advisors, entrepreneurs and investors across the fintech ecosystem.